GENERAL ADVICE FOR PARENTS
- Keep the computer in a family room
- Bookmark sites for them to use rather than encouraging "Googling"
- Talk to your children about what to do and who to talk to if they see something unpleasant online
- Set up controls but don't rely on them completely - keep an eye on what they're doing
- Try not to over-react if they're looking at something bad - it's often an accident
- Set time limits for their use of devices and don't let them use the computer in the hour before bedtime
- Talk about what happens when personal information is made public